Thursday, April 9, 2009

Vintage Sewing Shadow Box

I created this shadow box style creation for my boss Amy who loves all things vintage but especially vintage sewing items. I found several treasures including vintage needle cases, ruler from 1945 - a thin metal one - and a stuffed dog with a clothe measuring tape that - let's say appeared from the rear! I used some old hook and eye cards, needles, buttons, safety pin, and labels plus some vintage images from www.thevintageworksop.com together with the frame which I found on clearance at Joann's. The fabric is the base us created with was a tea dyed piece of cotton canvas. I added some Bible verse from a vintage book to complete the piece! I think Amy loved it! The pictures aren't the best but I think it gives you the overall look and feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment