Sunday, April 26, 2009

God Moves in Mysterious Ways

So I've started on my first Maggie's Blanket using the scraps I have. It's funny that my first instinct was to not use some because I remember what I had used them for - the one I used to make a blanket for my boss for Christmas, the scraps from the blanket I made for my sister's baby when he was born, the blanket I made for my friend's wedding...I kept wanting to keep them and not use them - they were too "good". I kept reminding myself that this is for those who have nothing - what am I keeping these pieces for. It was as if God was trying to tell me to let go of the past and more forward - He has a purpose for me and my skills.

I sewed all weekend to work on the new kid's PJs pattern we are coming out with. It's totally different to make something for fun and to make something for money. Didn't like that feeling of sewing because I had to. I also worked on my ATC card swap Anything but Paper. I made the background out of linen fabric scraps with melted crayon bits on them, then I stamped them and used some micro-beads to create an Earth. I'm not totally have happy with them. I'm thinking of trying something a little more fabric scrappy. Not sure. This is turning out to be harder than expected.

Please pass on the word that I'm looking for yarn scrap donations. If anyone is interested in participating or donating (yarn only!!), please email me cpinkman3@kc.rr.com or leave me a comment. The more yarn I can get my hands on the more blankets we can make. I have another person working with me to knit/crochet up scraps to make blankets for the needy. If you would like to make some blankets for donation, that would be great too. I should soon have a group selected and get more information on where the blankets will go.

Thanks so much for all the encouragement. Please also feel free to pray for this mission of Maggie's Blankets and any church participation is appreciated and encouraged. Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment