Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Promises Made, Promises Kept

So I said I'd post some pictures of two different projects I've started working on - one is a knitted wrap I'm making for a co-worker's birthday and the other is the very beginnings of an ATC Anything but paper swap. Here are the promised pictures.

Here is the wrap made in a cherry-chocolate chip varigated yarn (I only use varigated yarn for the most part - just love the patterns it makes).



Here is the start of the ATC which I needle felted free hand. I like it and I'm going to do some embroidery and beading on it. Then to finish it up I'll sew it to the back which I'm printing my info on printable fabric linen you can buy at www.thevintageworkshop.com.



You can't see the variation of yellow and pink in the roving used on the flower, but I really like how it blended. This is not only my first ATC swap, but my first real attempt at needlefelting. I like it quite a bit - I just don't have a lot of uses for it.

Well, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment