Monday, May 25, 2009

My First ATC Swap

I wanted to comment on my very first ATC - or Artist Trading Cards - swap. For those of you that might not know, an ATC card is the size of a playing card and is basically just what it says an artist's card - so a small piece of art that is usually centered around a theme/swap and is traded like a baseball card.

My very first swap was called Anything But Paper swap. It was harder than I thought it would be. I think because there was no specific theme, like usual I had too hard a time narrowing down what I wanted to do. I did a couple of samples first and nothing was working for me. Finally I decided to use a technique I learned at The Vintage Workshop and created a mini-fabric postcard. I used some scraps of my favorite fabric from Amy Butler and then sewed it together with a strip of white muslin in the middle. Then I stamped the word inspire on the white strip. I got lots of compliments on my card and praise for it being my first cards ever! I was so nervous that I would be giving someone that card that they would look at and say...this is why I don't do swaps...I work so hard and just get junk back. I loved it but would others. I was great to get a positive response. Thanks Ladies!! Here is a picture of the beautiful cards I received. The materials range from metal, fabric, charms, shrink wrap, etc. I just love my first group.



I've joined a new swap from my Altered Book Club Yahoo Group. It is for the 6th anniversary of the group and it's called a skinny fat book. The pages have to be 3" x 6" leaving an unembellished area on the side for binding. I plan on binding mine with jump rings. I have to make 25 pages all the same and send them to the host. Then I will get 24 pages back (one is for myself). The theme is supposed to be ABC Anniversary or something closely related. The traditional anniversary theme is candy while modern is iron. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do yet. I'm probably make a prototype as usual and go from there. I love the anniversary idea and I'm leaning towards the candy theme too. Hmm..let's see what happens.

Happy Memorial Day to all. Bring the troops home!!! We love and miss every single service person and want them to be home with their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment