Tuesday, May 5, 2009

He's Growing Up Too Fast

So today was the day. Today was the day that I realized my little "baby" was not a baby anymore, but a boy, little boy still, but a growing up boy. As I dropped him off in before school care he ran over to the little group of boys building with blocks that he always hangs with and as I came over to give him the same hug and kiss I've given him for 6.5 years good-bye - he said, "Mom maybe just a hug in front of the other boys."

I was crushed! I took him aside and said Let me give you a kiss over here where they won't see. He didn't like it but humored me. It was hard enough when he switched from Mommy to Mom about a year ago, but NO KISSES IN FRONT OF THE OTHER KIDS!! Next thing you know I'll have to drop him off a block away from school.

Now I can deal with the gray hair and the added weight and the creaking bones, but now I'm baby isn't a baby anymore. Tonight he's getting the lecture that you're never too old to kiss your mother...even if we have to do it in the car before we go in!

No comments:

Post a Comment