Saturday, May 2, 2009

Anything But Paper Swap and New Patterns Now Available

Okay after much debate and a phone call to my mom - of course - I finished my Anything but Paper ATC swap cards this morning. They are not exactly perfect but I did my best and they are made from my favorite Amy Butler fabric (which I used to make a great dress from the Dayshift Dress pattern from Indygo Junction - I'll post some pictures of that later).



They are simple, but I like that about them. I guess I never figured how hard it would be to be creative on a deadline or maybe it's because the "theme" was too broad for me. I think if the theme was more specific and not just a materials limit I would have been more inspired. I don't know but since I have the big International Quilt Market trade show coming up in a week or so I had to get them done like now. I have too much to do at work to get ready for the show - although no sewing has to be done this weekend.

I did buy some fabric - also Amy Butler - on ebay this week which I will be using to make a dress/tunic/top out of this week. It's going to be out of one of my new Indygo Junction patterns - which are now available for viewing at the website just click on New Arrivals from the home page. I just put them up on Friday. They are not available for purchase yet, but you can see them. I'm thinking of making either the Audrey's Afternoon Dress (if I have enough fabric) or the top for the Boudoir Basics (plain sleeve version) making it longer and chinching it with a belt!!

Anyway, Maggie's Blanket update - still working on the lap blanket that is full of my memories. It will be the first donated blanket. I hope to really get this going after the show - so probably early June. Again, please email me at cpinkman3@kc.rr.com if you are interested in donating yarn, yarn scraps or knit/crocheting for the cause.

Thanks,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment