Friday, March 20, 2009

First Day of Spring - Where's the warm weather?

Yeah for Spring! Today is the first day of spring, but the warm weather isn't here to stay yet. You know what they say about Kansas City - if you don't like the weather, wait a day. This city is great, but the weather can be a roller coaster. One day is 40's, the next is 70's. It snowed on Saturday - then was 80 the next Thursday.

I thought I'd post a few springy photos for everyone to see. The flowers are from my wonderful boss for my birthday. The other two are from my tiny little townhouse back patio. The green is coming and the buds are budding. Spring is coming.







I also wanted to post a picture of one of my first purse patterns done. It was my second purse every made. It's made off of the pattern by Indygo Junction called Serged Satchel. Mom gave me a serger for Christmas so I had to try it out. I love the colors in this bag. I have to say that fabric is really what caught my interest in sewing - Amy Butler, Joel Dewberry, Tina Givens have all really designed fabrics that are fresh yet retro. Perfect for today's women who isn't into "traditional" quilting fabrics. I mean I want to sew like my mother not dress like her. Sorry mom!



Okay my last picture is one of my mom and son. They have both given me so much more than I ever could thank them for. They are my past and my future - both are my reasons for living and what made me the person that I am. Thanks guys!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment